How to Sell a Gun in Georgia
Those of you in Georgia and we here in Nevada are big on state pride. We’re live and let live states that hold our second amendment rights in the highest regard. Georgia, just like Nevada, has plenty of gun shops and gun shows available to sell your guns and gun collections. We’re happy to tell Georgians that there’s an easy new way to sell your guns. If you want to get the best price for your gun using our government approved system, keep reading!
Get the Best Price for Your Gun Without Leaving Home
If you’re sick of guns shops, pawn shops and dishonest private gun buyers, we’re excited to tell you that there’s a better way!
You can safely, easily and legally sell your gun to CashMyGuns.com.
We’re FFL licensed by the U.S. Government to help people with selling/transferring guns and gun collections. We give you step-by-step instructions on how to sell your gun without leaving the house!
Just tell us which guns you’d like to sell, and then we’ll explain our easy process. Once we agree on a price, you’ll mail us the gun with FREE SHIPPING, and we’ll PAY YOU CASH.
10 Georgia Gun Laws Related to Selling, Possessing & Purchasing Guns
Gifford’s Law Center is an excellent resource for learning about Georgia gun laws. When you think about which method you should choose to sell your guns, we hope you’ll consider these laws.
- Handgun dealers and their employees must obtain a state license from the Georgia Department of Public Safety before conducting firearm transactions.
- Georgia doesn’t require background checks for gun transactions between private parties … BUT Georgia prohibits those on probation as “felony first offenders” from purchasing guns. Gun ownership is also prohibited for those who receive a conditional discharge for a felony, and of course those who have been convicted of a felony.
- Georgia does not: prohibit the transfer or possession of large caliber and large capacity guns; limit the guns you can purchase during one transaction; impose a waiting period on gun purchases; police junk guns; limit ammo sales; force local governments to impose gun restrictions; or compel local governments to deny CCW permits.
- Minors under the age of 18 cannot purchase guns in Georgia, but they can legally: attend hunting and firearms safety courses; shoot guns an established gun range; compete in shooting competitions; hunt and fish with guns with proper permits; possess an unloaded handgun if traveling to or from the aforementioned activities; possess a handgun on real property controlled by a parent, legal guardian or grandparent as long as the adult consents; defend himself or herself with a handgun if the use of force is justified and the minor has parent or legal guardian permission. It’s illegal to intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sell or furnish a handgun to a minor (except for the scenarios above). Georgia doesn’t regulate rifle and shotgun use by minors, but federal laws still apply.
- Georgia does not police gun ownership and possession as it relates to offenders of domestic violence.
- Background checks are not required at gun shows in Georgia, and state law explicitly prohibits local laws from attempting to regulate gun transactions at gun shows.
- There are no state laws in Georgia that require licenses to own or possess guns.
- The permitted and prohibited conditions for Carrying Concealed Weapons in Georgia are robust. Gifford’s Law Center outlines more than 1600 words that detail the laws related to weapons carry licenses. If you want to conceal a gun in Georgia, we suggest that you read through these laws.
- Everyone not prohibited from possessing guns can possess them while inside their own motor vehicles.
- Guns are prohibited in school safety zones in Georgia, but a number of exceptions apply. Read about the “guns in Georgia schools” exceptions here.
Should I Sell My Guns? Consider These Factors.
Georgia might not have strict gun laws, but does that mean that it’s easy to get a good price when you sell your gun there?
Because firearms transactions are not strictly regulated in Georgia, it opens the door for private buyers, pawn shops, gun shows and gun dealers to cheat gun sellers out of their money.
Given the sheer volume of people looking to make money on firearms transactions, it can be difficult to get a fair price on your gun or gun collection.
You need a hearty understanding of the gun appraisal process to accurately determine the value of your gun.
Our gun appraisals follow strict guidelines based on: make, model, metal finish, wood & composite finish, overall condition & functionality, rarity and comparative sales. Our appraisals are always fair, and we are always willing to explain our value assessment upon request.
Do you think that private buyers and Georgia gun shops are going to be honest with you about the value of your gun? You don’t need to trust us when we say that we always provide a fair value when you sell your gun to us. Just look at how many people on Google reviewed our business with five stars!
Sell All My Guns the Easy Way
We make it as easy as possible for you to sell your unwanted firearms at no cost. We’re approved by the ATF and all major shipping carriers.
Whether you’re looking to offload some of your starter guns, thin out your collection, you inherited unwanted firearms, you plan to move to a more restrictive state or any other reason, we would be honored if you would consider selling your firearm to us.
We take great pride in how we communicate with our customers throughout the process. We’re always available to address your questions via phone or online chat. Some online gun selling companies take days or weeks to get back to you. We measure the response time of our gun experts to our customers in minutes and hours, not days and weeks.
If you’ve ever found it difficult to identify my gun, don’t sweat it! We help you identify guns by picture when you’re unsure of the make and model.
When you use Cash My Guns, you get the following unbeatable benefits!
- Free gun appraisal
- Fair price for your gun
- Free shipping
- Easy shipment tracking throughout the whole process
- Speedy payment!
This quick video outlines our exact process.
Begin our safe, discrete and legal process here.
The information contained on this website has been prepared as a service to the internet community and is not intended to constitute legal advice. CashMyGuns.com has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing, and providing quality information and material, but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, or currency of the information contained in or linked to this website. Users of information from this website or links do so at their own risk and should consult their local firearm law resources and/or an attorney when engaging in selling a firearm. The cited information in this article was obtained on 05/23/19.”